Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini

Hosseini's first novel is a fond look at civilian life in Afghanistan in times of conflict. This is supported by an appealing story with memorable characters. Hollywood read the book also and we hope the movie is as good as the book, which rarely happens. The movie's release was delayed until the young actor who played the lead and was involved in a controversial scene was able to be assured safety from threats stemming from that particular scene.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Books I'm Reading

  • Bones, Rocks and Stars by Chris Turney
  • Kick Ass by Carl Hiaasen
  • Life by Richard Fortey
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a bowl of whipped cream in the other, my 1935 Pooh Bear and a good book tucked under my arms, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

contributed by Pondies